- I worked out EVERY day. I was at the gym every day by 6:30am -- even with the East Coast/West Coast jet lag.
- I worked out hard- for at least 1.5 hours each day. I ran, did weights, cycled and stretched. My workout did not take a vacation.
- For the most part - I did not let on that I was a maniac and that I am addicted to working out:)
- I was pretty disciplined with eating and drinking on the cruise. I tried to eat pretty clean and didn't drink at all - (ok 1 sip of red wine). I wanted the Coco Loco on the beach but had a gallon of water instead. :)
- I took a tour through the botanical gardens on a Segway. Not related to fitness - but definitely a trip highlight. Note to self: add Segway to Christmas list.
- I realized that my stomach is very sensitive to tasting things I don't normally eat. While in Bahamas - I tried fried Conch and Fried Grouper. Tasty but boy did my stomach make me pay for it. Bottom line - not worth the stomach pains.
- My cousin -needs to have more healthy choices at her house. Girl - you know I'm right. A little salad, fruit, some wheat bread. Hook a sista up... and yourself;)
- Once I make a poor choice - It is hard to get back on track . On my 10 hour 41 minute travel day back to the west coast, I made poor choices the entire day. By the time the day was over I had consumed almost double my daily allotment . That's right - I had consumed almost 2800 calories. I'm totally embarrassed and ashamed but I promised I would not beat myself up.
All in all - I got back and maintained my weight. Exactly the same as when I left. My stomach hasn't quite returned to normal but I'm still cleaning up my diet. I proved to myself that I can be disciplined even when it is really hard and I have an out (vacation). I also proved to myself that I can totally screw up, forgive myself and still maintain my weight.