- Veggies taste really good. Focusing on the veggies amplifies the flavor.
- Soups are a fantastic way to live as a vegan. I learned to make really great soups. My favorite is sweet potato and leek soup..(with or without tofu).
- I also discovered that Thai curry tofu is almost as delicious as chicken curry.
- My digestive system works much better without animal protein
- I feel satiated but not full.
- I feel energetic.
- I loss 4 lbs.
- I am strong enough to cook for the family and not eat what I make.
- I found out how to make a killer vegan sweet potato pie.
- I discovered great butter substitute... Smart balance buttery spread..made with EVOO, flaxseed oil and safflower oil. The big plus is it has Omega 3 and 6.
- I feel like I am doing the best thing for my health.
- I really miss eggs and have trouble finding good things for breakfast.
- I am pretty certain that I lost muscle -- although I have substituted Hot Yoga for my strength training.
- I consume more carbohydrates (albeit whole grains)...which I don't believe is not sure is good for my weight.
- I think my mix of grains to vegetable protein is slightly off. I need to learn a bit more about the right ratios.
- It is hard to avoid things made with milk or eggs (i.e. breads, pasta, butter)
My 30 day challenge was proof that I can do it. If I can do it, I must do it. It is the best thing for my body.