- Making it to the club last night before closing to pick up my favorite goggles - because I thought the new ones might fail me.
- Kissing the kids on my way out.
- Calling my niece on the way to the race:)
- Approaching the end of the swim
- Enjoying the fruits of my very well organized transition area
- Flying over the bridge looking at the beautiful lake on the bike.
- Seeing hubby and the kids cheering me on and giving them a big hug.
- Watching reunited friends stop and chat during the run.
- Running up the hill to the beat of the drummers (who are there every year - thank God).
- Crossing the finish line!!
- Waiting for the last woman to cross the finish line and giving her a high five.
- Thankful that I am able to do a triathlon - no matter how slow
- Swallowing too much water on the swim.
- Not being able to see through my goggles and swimming off course
- Everything about the swim
- Feeling sick from swallowing too much lake water.
- Knee pain during the run
- Oh did i say the swim.
- Be grateful ...less competitive.
- Swim more
- Get in the lake before the triathlon (at least once)
- Hang out with friends after - it makes it so fun!
- Bring tums!!
All in all - I achieved my goal of finishing between my year 1 and year 2. So I finished 1:46 49 and that is 2 minutes faster than year 1 but 7 min slower than last year. Given my level of conditioning this year - that time is reflective of what I put in. I don't feel horrible, I feel like I got exactly what I gave. The swim was my PW and rightfully so. Today was my first time in open water (not all all recommended or something I will do again). Transition 1 was super long but I was so glad I got to see and hug my family:). All in all --- I am super grateful I'm happy it is over and I'm glad that I was able to draft off of my previous year's conditioning:) .